Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Fine-motor Block

I share my office-cubicle with a lovely young woman named Chrissy, who has the most adorable little boy named Alex. 


Knowing that I was kinda handy around a sewing machine, one Friday afternoon in the office Chrissy asked if I could make a fine-motor block for her son.  She’d had one as a little girl and loved it… and wanted Alex to have one too; however, she had not be able to find one anywhere.   She did a very good job explaining exactly what was on her “fine motor block” was so I knew what she wanted.  Chrissy gave me carte blanche as to fabrics, etc… so off I went to raid my fabric remnants.  This is what I came up with….

“A” is for Alex



“C” is for Chrissy



Lace up and tie



Button



Zip



Velcro pocket



…with a goldfish!



No, I won’t be going into production with these… but I’m glad to know that the fine motor block was played with and enjoyed by Master Alex and his mom!  



2 comments:

  1. Very, very cute... and destined to be used and loved and remembered... just like Mom's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome toy! You should do a tutorial for it. I bet many would love to know how you did it.

    ReplyDelete