Thursday, January 27, 2011

A New Appreciation of Precuts

I never truly appreciated jelly roll strips until I started cutting 2.5” strips from all the pink fabrics…  unfold, line up edge, even off if necessary, measure, cut strip, fold back up, repeat…. over and over and over and over and so on.  The strips of the tone-on-tone white wasn’t nearly as difficult since it involved: unfold, line up, cut, cut, cut, cut, cut, cut, and refold.

Then came the sewing of the strips…


Then the slice and dice…



Everything ready for the 4-patch blocks!  Tomorrow is another day....



3 comments:

  1. I know what you mean! I stayed away from Jelly Rolls for awhile but finally broke down and bought some. Wow, I was wishing I had done it a long time ago! I buy jelly rolls, charm packs and any other quick things now and I love working with precuts. I'm going to have to break down and get me an Accuquilt Go soon since I didn't win one on any of the blogs that were giving them away. I love your colors and I really like the quilt you are making. I need a quick baby quilt too and this might just be the one. I'll be doing mine in greens and purples though. The Mom-to-be has already said no to pinks. I really like this border too. Thanks for showing this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm working with my set of layer cake, I do have a jelly roll around to make a quilt for my brother. These shortcuts are great and having so many different fabrics in one pack make it great. Love all the pinks you are working with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're making big progress already. The worst part is cutting all those long strips! Sewing is the fun part!! :-)

    ReplyDelete