Sunday, February 20, 2011

Pottering Around

So surprised to have finished the binding on Friday night, I just pottered around yesterday and worked on a few things that needed doing.  Tried my hand at making a pot holder / hot pad and found that sewing through all the batting was a bit of a challenge even with a walking foot.  I do like how the hot pad turned out and used leftover binding strips from the quilt.




After auditioning fabrics for the inner border of the pink and white double 4-patch quilt, I finally decided on one... and worked on figuring out the proportions of the flowers in the border.  That was a bit of a challenge because I didn't want to end up with odd measurements such as 1.667" or worse.   I plan to get the pink border sewn on today and start working on sewing together the "flowers" for the border.



March is almost upon us and I also need to do some math to figure out how much fabric I will need for the borders of the Lilac Hill quilt top.  I understand that the fabric line pre-cuts have been very popular and don't want to miss out on my first choices when the yardage becomes available!

But first... another refill on the coffee...   *lol*

4 comments:

  1. The pot holder looks fantastic...and the pink border you have selected looks perfect...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great little pot holder and those pinks are just so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your potholder! I recommend loosening the tension and then you can sew through the "quilt sandwich" just like butter :-) Do you have any tips on forming bindings?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great potholder! That is about the size project I could deal with today...thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete