Sunday, May 8, 2011

Beginning of a New Quilt

Yesterday's road trip was successful and, among other things, I found these FQs for the Kaleidoscope Kites Quilt.


Surprisingly since purple is one of my favorite colors, I didn't have any larger pieces in my stash. (I subbed purple for the brown in the original quilt.)  Orange isn't a favorite color and I didn't have anywhere near enough for this quilt.  I was okay on greens... but not light greens...

I got busy and cut all the prints into 6.5" and 3.5" squares... and then decided it might be best to wait til the morning to tackle the white fabric...



~ ~ ~ ~ ~

To all the moms...  to the mothers of those moms...  and to the grandmothers of those moms...


...to the aunts, godmothers, and mentors to those moms...

2 comments:

  1. The purple's are great and orange isn't my collor too but I'm beginning to value it,green is one of my collors bur I like's the antique versions the most.
    Happy Mothers Day, Roos

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep seeing more and more common threads (pun intended)...purple is my favorite color also ~ and orange my least. I do love coming here to see your projects take shape.

    ReplyDelete