Friday, May 6, 2011

A Little Something Extra

On Tuesday, Rachel of Stitched in Color shared photos of a little zippered pouch or bag that she was sending to her swap partner.  She included two quilted coasters as an extra gift inside.   I had an idea!




For Mothers Day, I got gift cards for my daughter and daughter-in-law.  I freely admit that I have no confidence in my being able to select something they would actually want to have/use... so gift cards are a safe bet.  

Hmmm...  maybe tucking the gift card in a cute little zippered bag might be nice.  So....






The lining came from a fat quarter (stash) but the rest of the fabrics came from my scrap bins.  The zipper was a stash item and came from K&C Supplies on Etsy... at a much better price than buying them in a fabric store!  (Rachel posted a link to the Etsy shop from which she purchased her zippers on her site if you'd like to check that out as well.)

I'll wrap up the little bag with the gift card inside... I think it'll make a nice Mothers Day gift.



13 comments:

  1. Very cute but you're nicer than I am, I do gifts for our Mom's but not for the kids with kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! So happy you were inspired. What timely execution too =).

    And I agree - you're super nice to give gifts to the younger mothers in your family. Sometimes my MIL does that for me too. You sweeties!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the little bags....especially the burst of bright color when you open them up! So cute! What a sweet idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those bags are darling! I'm sure they will love them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bag is adorable!!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're a really nice MIL, and the bags are just the ticket. As quickly as you made those, you must be rockin' that Bernina hard!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That will be a great Mothersday gift,in fact your giving two gifts.
    Have a great Mothersday yourself, Roos

    ReplyDelete
  8. These little pouches are so cute! I can see so many uses for them. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh! I should do that! A cute little bag with a gift card for the new mom! I love it! Happy Mother's Day to a very nice mom!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow those are fabulous!!! LOVE the scrappiness!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are sooo cute! I'm sure anyone would love to get one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. super cute little bags :) great scrap buster idea!

    ReplyDelete