Sunday, May 22, 2011

Saturday Sewing

Somehow... Saturdays have become sewing days and Sundays are "get ready for the work week" days. 

First, I finished the second set of pillowcases that I will sent to Carol of Brown Quilts for her friend.

The border fabric came from JoAnn's and I love the print.  The main fabric is Moda Bella Solid... the first time I've used it.  It is uber soft and smooth and I will definitely be using it again!

The first set looks like this...





I'll get these in the mail this week.


This afternoon, I worked on sewing down the binding on the HST throw quilt... and I'm pleased to have been able to finish it. 


I'll take (hopefully) better photos tomorrow when it's light out...

7 comments:

  1. you have been very busy,well done

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a good way to get thtough the weekend;o)
    Roos

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saturdays are a good day sewing day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That makes me want to hum out loud the entire 1812 Overture!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pillowcases will bring the comfort of home to those overseas (I know first-hand :-). The quilt turned out gorgeous! What a lucky recipient!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those pillow cases turned out so nice! Good job and great fabric choices.

    I also love the hst throw. So cozy looking.

    I'm still not back to quilting, but soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those pillow cases turned out so nice! Good job and great fabric choices.

    I also love the hst throw. So cozy looking.

    I'm still not back to quilting, but soon!

    ReplyDelete