Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Hometown

I love the fabrics of the Hometown line so much that I don't want to chop them up too small... so I decided to use the original Turning Twenty pattern.


The newest Turning Twenty book has lots of options but, for these fabrics... I'm going to stick with the original.

 Quilt photo from Turning Twenty Just Got Better.

I think there will be excellent contrast among all the red fabrics from Hometown...


...can't wait to get my machine back so I can get to sewing!




9 comments:

  1. That is a nice pattern for preserving the design of the fabrics. Should work out great--and not be too complicated. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, good choice of pattern. Looking forward to seeing what you do so hurry up, machine man!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This quilt will be great with the fabrics you have chosen. Your machine will be getting quite a workout!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea.....and all the reds make me think hearts! I appliqued leaves on one of my turning 20 quilts ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bought that book last fall and have been looks at that quilt, too. It's on my list of quilts to try. I like the fabrics you chose. I look forward to watching you make this one! Hope your have your machine back by the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can see you hopping on one foot waiting for that machine.
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've made 2 quilts using turning 20 (the original or the 2nd one.) I had not idea they had more options here. I am interested in seeing how this turns out - i also like the hometown line and all those reds.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll have to look into the Hometown line of fabrics. I'm very short on reds.

    ReplyDelete