Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Making It Mine: Part Three


With Pine Tree and The North Carolina Beauty completed, options were less simple.  I decided on Sister's Choice from Jennifer Chiaverini's Sylvia's Bridal Sampler.... until I realized the instructions were for paper-piecing!  

Back to Judy Hopkins' 501 Rotary-cut Quilt Blocks I went and found the very similar New England block (page 181), which I changed a bit to make a Sister's Choice block.


This block reminds me of my sisters... who are very dear to me!



Note:  Like applique, paper piecing is being left for future endeavors.



7 comments:

  1. I am so with you on the applique and foundation paper piecing. I have tried them each once. I don't mind perforated paper piecing, but the foundation stuff was not to my liking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that once you have made a couple of paper foundation pieced blocks you will love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, it's fun to hear your stories. Love the photo of you and your sisters.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am enjoying hearing all about how you made your choices! Sister picture is fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great sisters picture and I agree with Pip that you will enjoy making paper foundation pieced blocks.
    Lillian
    lillianscupboard.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've come to love machine appliqued stuff, but paper piecing just doesn't call to me. Neither do hexies.... Love the choices you've made!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are a brave one. I know you'll excel at paper piecing once you set your mind to it. It is the easiest way to make small blocks with lots of pieces. Your tiny flying geese come to mind......

    ReplyDelete