Monday, December 31, 2012

I did survive...


...the 2012 edition of the Fields Family Frolic, an annual holiday get-together for any of the family that can make it.  This year, the three sisters and their entire families were able to make it... just my brother and his family were unable to attend.

Sign on the front door!

In addition to lots of visiting/catching up on all the news and lots of delicious food, we had the annual games.... both board games and activity games for young and old!


Game Master/Uncle Monty started us off with the M&M game, where one had to use a straw to pick up an M&M and place it on the top of another straw.  This was the championship round...  nephew Drew won with grandson George close behind.
 

Next up was building towers from folded index cards.  Grands (my grandchildren) were assisted by Cousins (my nieces and nephews)... and the following round was my kids and the three sisters.   No one with an engineering degree was allowed to participate!   *lol*


Another popular game was "place an Oreo cookie on your forehead and then get it to your mouth without using your hands"...  there would have been more than one round but someones got into the Oreos prior to the game so there were only enough cookies for one round!    *lol*


The marshmallow catapult game was  exciting... you can see me ducking my head after I dropped the PVC pipe onto the paper plate holding a couple of marshmallows, which came flying at me... but went over my head.  The object of the game was for the kids to see who could catch the most marshmallows.


New skills needed to be learned by the younger participants...  such as "how to shoot a rubber band at an empty soda can/bottle"...


 
...and fun was had by all!   And we have photos to blackmail folks...   uh... prove we all had fun too!    Let's not forget the "drop the Mentos (candy) in the bottle of diet Coke" game...


It was too windy for the balloon game but the kids had fun with them anyway.

 

I enjoyed the "fan the plastic Christmas ornament with a piece of cardboard and move it to the square taped on the road" game... no photos because the photographer was participating in the game!


Many thanks for an enjoyable afternoon go to Game Master/Uncle Monty!!!   Discussions are already underway for next year's frolic... who knows what will we'll be up to?


 

 



17 comments:

  1. Now there's a family that knows how to have fun!! Love it, Freda. What a great tradition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun day, what a jolly family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like a whole lot off fun for your entire family.
    Thank you for sharing this, it gives me a big smile on my face.
    Greetings Roos

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like you all had a great time, Freda. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a hoot! Love the simple games ideas that make us all feel like we are novices! Always the best.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was thinking about you yesterday and wondering how you were!! Now I know!!!! Having fun and resting a bit after! What an absolutely fun, fun, fun time!!! What a great family!!

    Blessed New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You certainly know a lot of fun activities, most of which I had never heard of. What a great gathering.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE games like those! Too much fun! I think several of those will be at our next cousin's get-together! We often spend hours playing charade-type games.....but these look like a ton of fun! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for sharing... that looked like a really fun family time!

    Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want to be in your family, Freda! It looked like you all were having a blast! Thank you for sharing pictures. Great post :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. What fun! It's so good to see you all recovered and enjoying your family! I love to play games and am very competitive. The photos are terrific, and I especially liked the substitute balloon idea...so hilarious! Wondering what you're up to with Irion roped in...is she a reindeer and you're Santa? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful that so many of the family members could get together - and have fun.
    Lillian
    lillianscupboard.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I so wish I could get my family to do nutty stuff like is. But I will be stealing a couple of ideas for a GS outing in a couple of weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This sounds so wonderful! Since the youngest in our family is 21, we played Beer Pong this year! We'll have to clean up our act if grandkids ever come along.....BRW- I won!

    ReplyDelete