Sunday, July 7, 2013

Quilter's ADHD Strikes Again...


...or "I had a fun idea to use up scraps in my stash!"   Either way, I have a new project...  a Midi Bag by QuiltSmart.  (There is also also a Mondo Bag, but I'm going for the smaller of the two sizes.)


I picked up the pattern at my LQS (aka Linderella's Quilt Works) and will use fabrics left from the quilt I made for my baby sister last year.   After reading the directions, I realized there is a special assembly method that uses pre-printed interfacing...


There is enough of the printed interfacing to make two of the Midi Bags...  but you think I can't take measurements and cut my own interfacing in the future?

The Midi Bag is about handbag or small tote size...

Photo swiped borrowed from Linderella's blog on FaceBook

...and the Mondo Bag is beach tote size.  I think this would make a nice tote to carry quilting projects to a sew-day or a retreat.

Photo swiped borrowed from Linderella's blog on FaceBook

I'll take a short break from pinwheel blocks and see if I can figure out this Midi Bag thing...  not abandoning the pinwheel project however... just a break!



 

9 comments:

  1. Love the fabrics you're going to use fot for your new bag Freda, I'm looking forward to see the results.
    * Greetings from across the big pond*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like fun to me! Variety is the spice of life, especially in the sewing room!

    ReplyDelete
  3. For sure you can use fusible interfacing in the future. Just make notes of the exact sizes provided in the pattern so you will remember in the future. By sewing on the fusible, you get two steps done at once....the interfacing for support and all the squares sewn together nicely without seams matching. This looks very similar to the twist and turn bag that I made long ago.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm looking forward to seeing how this project progresses. It looks like a lot of fun and a great way to thin out small remnants.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My aunt has made a ton of the Mondo bags (one for me!). I absolutely love them! I wish they had a size in between the mondo and the midi. Have fun - hope to see pics when you're finished!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this bag would be fun to make from my scraps...love the randomness and all that COLOR! Great idea gf!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun bag! I've never seen printed interfacing before.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That preprinted interfacing is a new one on me. Looks like a fun diversion from you daily pinwheels. A gal's got to have a diversion now and then!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love, love, love these colorful bags! Preprinted interfacing. An interesting concept.

    ReplyDelete