Sunday, August 25, 2013

A Bright and Happy Block


I've been lurking on Victoria Findlay Wolfe's 15 minutes play blog for a while now, enjoying all the fun and out-of-the-box stuff they create.   This past Thursday's blog asked for donations of 12" (finished) anvil blocks with blue backgrounds.   Ms Findlay Wolfe uses these blocks to make quilts for folks who have cancer.  

So I pulled fabric remnants and made a bright and happy block as requested.



Ms Findlay Wolfe has a LINK to the tutorial to make the anvil blocks as well as a LINK to the mailing address.

Photo blatantly swiped from 15 minutes play

It's a fun block... might even make another one.... ya never know!


6 comments:

  1. What a thoughtful idea, and the blocks are so cheerful! Love the one 3 down, 2 across...sorta like random log cabin? Yours is even funky! Made me think of the word "groovy".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice block! I made one last week and have another almost finished. Need to get them into the mail before they get lost in the scrap piles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah! How cute this block is, I've got mine already to mail too.

    Every little bit helps right? Makes me feel like I did something good
    even though Victoria is doing all the work....how about you?

    Happy Sewing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the motivation. I was between things and this was just what I needed to get me going again. Made 2 of them this afternoon. Didn't make my own fabric but I had some pretty upbeat stuff in my stash. I've also never made that block before, very fun once you get all of the HST oriented.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good choice of "day brightening" fabrics, Freda. : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very cheerful, fun block.
    Lillian

    ReplyDelete