Saturday, August 3, 2013

Aiming for Accuracy Block of the Week


The sixth block of the QAL was posted on my first day back to work for the 2013-2014 school year so...  it was not made the day it was posted.    However, it's not a race...


I'm not a big fan of trimming all the HSTs and QSTs but it does make lining stuff up a lot easier.   Here's how all the blocks look together so far...


It's going to be a very close call with batik fabrics on hand....  I am thinking of "making" fabric from pieces that are too small for some of these.   Will have to wait/see how it goes...


I was curious so Carol sent me a photo of her new ironing board cover....   


I like both the print and the colors!   If we have to iron, we might as well have something pretty to look at, yes?




6 comments:

  1. I am loving the new block! Gorgeous!
    If you need some batiks I can look and see if I have any that will blend well with your colors.
    I can see that I definitely need a new ironing board cover!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The block is fabulous, Freda. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. On the subject of not enough fabric: You still have time to introduce a new fabric or two - move them around to fake them into the composition... It'd work. (Love it so far!)
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. That block is delicious! Yes'm, it's going to be a beauty of a quilt. And another lovely IBC!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is going to be so beautiful. Love seeing it all fall into place.
    Lillian

    ReplyDelete
  6. I flunked geometry just so you know.

    ReplyDelete