Sunday, August 4, 2013

Midi Bag #3: Is It Loud Enough?


At least, no one will have a tote bag just like me!


With the help of my sister, I pulled a charm pack of Benartex's Spirographix ("...third time's the charm..." - JoAnne of The Patriotic Quilter)...


I got the charm pack at Missouri Star Quilt Co. on one of their Daily Deals for like... next to nothing!  However, there was only 22 charm squares in the pack, just one of each print.   (I wish there had been a few more of the top fabric!)   22 charm squares cut into 2.5" squares = 88, which is not sufficient to cover the sides.  


So, Carol dug into my scrap bins and pulled fabrics that coordinated with this wild assortment of colors and prints.


It was nice to be able to work on a tote for me that was a team effort...  and the third tote shows how much I've learned about assembling this bag.   Not that you can see it from the photo but I can tell!  


I used two FQs for the lining and another piece from the scrap bins for the pocket.


This scrappy look was what I had in mind when I purchased the pattern; however, with the fabrics I used for the sisters' totes, I had enough to play with.  


I'm going to enjoy this tote... don't think I'll be able to misplace it!



~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

Happy Birthday to the US Coast Guard!






17 comments:

  1. WOW, now that is an original. Sure to get lots of compliments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your tote with all the bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I looove this bag and I really like the name of your blog, so unique.
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is fun and vibrant. And you won't get lost in the crowd. Great job on these!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I Love it! I was at a quilt shop yesterday (some of us at our retreat in Norfolk went to a quilt shop in Virginia Beach) and saw the pattern and the bags made up. It turns out that the friend I was with had the pattern and gridded stuff and her sister had it, too. The big one is huge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very lovely. You can make the in your sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice and bright ! I had to laugh because as after I linked to Sew Many Ways I browsed the list and saw your bag.
    I made the Mondo bag....Midi,s Big Brother. I loved the pattern and will be making more for gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so cute! I've just sewed a little tote and a tote with a house on it. Thinking gifts! I'd like to make one like yours! Also, I love the Missouri Star Quilt Co. daily deals and tutorials!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just love this one Freda, I'm sure every one will recognize you on a distance with this tote.
    Greetings from across the big pond.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I also like this - you and your sister did a great job.
    Lillian

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful color mix! Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE the bag, Freda. It's so colourful! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great bag! Love all the colors - sure to go with almost everything.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think it is gorgeous!!! You will have everyone wanting one!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This bag is Beautiful, Freda!!!! Awesome job.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the fabrics you used in this bag. Can we have a photo that shows scale please? I love the bag but I'm wondering how I could use it as I'm not really a tote bag kind of person but love individual project bags for all my carts on the go!

    ReplyDelete