Sunday, August 11, 2013

QAL Block C2 (7th block)


It was a super busy week so it was good that instructions for the seventh block were late posting.  I jumped right on it and was glad it was a simple block...


With this type quilt, it's hard to visualize what it's going to look like so I'm glad Michelle Foster included a grid we can plug blocks into...
With the sage green sashing/borders, I think this is going to work out nicely.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

In other news, tomorrow (8-12-13) is the first day back for the school system's 10-month employees and the beginning of regular hours, five days a week.  I'm going to miss having Fridays off but I won't miss the 10-hour work days.   Students start back a week from tomorrow....





7 comments:

  1. Your blocks are looking so nice together, going to be a very nice quilt. The start of school-------- makes me miss the smell of a new box of crayons, new shoes, and excited children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blocks are looking gorgeous Freda and I will think of you when you go back to work tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They all are looking gorgeous! I can't believe school is starting again. It seems like you just got "sprung" so to speak. Here is to a much better year for you than the last.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck in this next school year. Your QAL is looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The block is gorgeous, Freda. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am loving these batik blocks, Freda--so pretty! That is a clever grid for your layout. I can see that it would be very helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful block. I'm sorry for my grandchildren who are not looking forward to going back to school, but I do love the season.
    Lillian

    ReplyDelete