Monday, September 30, 2013

Block Remake


As the quilt top has neared completion, I liked Block #1 less and less... so I decided on a redo....  sat down with my seam ripper, a cuppa coffee and disassembled the block.   If I had enough fabric, I would have just started from scratch but I didn't...   so...  rip-it, rip-it, rip-it!


Remaining fabric is limited... so much so that I had to make fabric to get four 6" squares from the new back ground fabric.

Here's how Block #1 looked on the last mock-up I did...


The former background fabric was a soft, watery-looking beige/green batik.... but just too much light fabric when put with the others.   I like the new block much better!





5 comments:

  1. The new block looks lovely, Freda. Better to unpick it now and re-do rather than make up the quilt and not be happy with it! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes a girl has to do what a girl has to do. I find that on "mystery" or SALs sometimes I regret fabric choices I make early on when I don't yet "know the quilt's story."

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have some great patience Freda! It was worth every ounce lol;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see what you mean when you put it up there with the others (well, some of them). It did look a little anemic colorwise, by comparison. But it looks healthy now! : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I agree that you're right. So hard to rip out a finished block.
    Lillian

    ReplyDelete