Saturday, February 1, 2014

A Surprise in the Mail


For reasons that are too complex and confidential to share, I've had a rough couple of weeks.  I can assure you that these reasons do not have anything to do with my health and happiness, or that of any of my family.   I haven't even felt like sewing much.... certainly nothing more than just mindless sewing.  After a couple of weeks of the stress, I was dragging when I came home yesterday afternoon.  I stopped to get the mail and was surprised to find a package.   I couldn't think what it might be... I haven't ordered anything and it's not my birthday or other special day.   Then....  I saw who it was from...   and I smiled.

Imagine my surprise when I opened the package and found a lovely note from a dear blog-land friend.... a beautiful blue and white tea cup and saucer...  AND a package of chamomile tea bags!


Isn't this gorgeous?   


I know I will enjoy using this cup and saucer for tea... and am grateful that an angel in my life, not knowing I needed a virtual hug, reached out and so brightened my day... my week... my month!

Thank you, Doniene!


11 comments:

  1. That Doniene is priceless! I'm glad she blessed your life. What a lovely cup and saucer! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a perfect gift, Freda. Doniene sounds like a perfect friend. Have a hug from me too. I hope things get better soon for you. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful! A perfect pick me up gift. Those moments are so special when friends appear with angel wings and bring the comfort that you need. Thank you for sharing this blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear things have been a bit bumpy for you. That is a beautiful tea cup - just love those blues and it goes so well with your table runner!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I pray things get better quickly. Such a thoughtful beautiful gift! Love the blue!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so very sorry you're going through a rough patch. Thank goodness your angel was there when you needed her.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry for the troubles, too, and hope that things turn around soon! What a sweet present from a lovely blogger. If I had to think of a gesture that could represent a hug, a cup of tea would be the one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A cheerful surprise to encourage you,how delightful and lovely! And some soothing tea to drink from it. Pinkies up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope the lovely gift eases your stress, life is tough sometimes, but it goes on, and like you i am trying to make the best of what i have been blessed with and try to focus on a positive future :) I hope the snow is a peaceful haven for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry you are so stressed. Bless you. What a beautiful tea cup and saucer. What a lovely gift. Hope things settle down soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Blog friends are the best!! Gorgeous tea cup and saucer:)

    May tomorrow be a MUCH better day Freda!

    ReplyDelete