Saturday, May 10, 2014

Mothers Day 2014


I will be spending Sunday with my dear daughter, her DH (also known as my favorite son-in-law), and my two granddaughters.  Today, I made a little something for my daughter's dining room table as a "thank you" for being such a good mother to the girls.


I've been making seasonal runners for her but she doesn't have a late spring/summer one... so we fixed that!


Doesn't really go with my stuff but it will look lovely on her table.



...Mother taught me how to sew and let me use her Singer.  She was a brave woman...


These roses grew in my mother's yard and died back to just a sprig.  I rescued that sprig and transplanted it in my backyard where I can watch over it.  It's blooming just in time for Mothers Day.


10 comments:

  1. Pretty runner, your daughter will smile! Love the roses, how precious that you could rescue it. Happy Mother's Day ~
    :-}pokey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the runner! (I used to call my SIL my favorite. He thought I was saying he wasn't. Some people just don't understand humor.)
    I have some red roses I rescued. My son brought them home from a dumpster - all dried out. He dug the holes, and I added some rooting compound to the roots., watered and now they are taller than me and engorged with flowers. Happy Mom's Day and thanks for the lovely memories you evoked.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like that runner design, if you don't mind I may have to borrow it. Happy Mother's Day

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a nice picture of your mom! she looks so young and pretty. happy mother's day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your daughter will love the table runner. I hope you have an absolutely wonderful day tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A nice tribute to the connections between the generations of Moms in your family. I'm sure your daughter will appreciate your thoughtful gift. And I love that you saved your Mom's roses. What a treat that they are blooming for Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your daughter will love the runner. I hope you have a Happy Mother's Day. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think your daughter is a "good mother to the girls", Freda, because she has a great example to follow. You! I love that you managed to get your mum's rose bush to grow. And just in time for (your) Mother's Day - ours was back in March. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Belated Mother's Day to my favorite online imaginary friend! Quilty awesomeness!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful table runner for your beautiful daughter. Love it!

    ReplyDelete