Saturday, February 28, 2015

UFO Update


UFO #1 has been keeping me warm during the past couple of weeks of extremely cold weather (for NC) with lots of "winter weather events" that created snow days for students.  Staff only missed two days; the rest were "teacher work days."


UFO #2 was made into a quilt sandwich and pinned and today I started the quilting.  I'm using gray thread and a large meander  because of all the straight lines in this quilt.




I had planned on finishing this project in February but hey!  I'll get finished in a week or two...  then on to the next project!


I wanted to share this video by Angela Walters with you...  it's a good one.


Enjoy!





9 comments:

  1. That was a wonderful video, thank you for sharing it. Glad that the hideous weather has been good for your UFO's if nothing else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stumbled across this video last week and agree, it was something I really needed to hear. You're making great progress on your UFO. I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had been wondering if you would surface soon, Freda. Good to hear from you.
    Great finish on your quilt top. Good for you getting it quilted. I need to follow your example!
    And thanks for the video. Good, sound advice!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilt is turning out so pretty. Love that video... a good reminder for everyone, not just quilters.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty, pretty, pretty! Great quilt and go for the quilting. thanks for sharing this wonderful video......exactly what we need to remember.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Meander on! Thanks for sharing.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good to see you again, Freda. You were missed! :o)

    I watched the video and have sent the link to my non-quilter daughter because I think the 3 things apply to others as well! Keep cosy! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing Angela's video....it really struck a cord with me as I struggle with my machine quilting ..."comparison is the theif of joy" .....I think I may even applique that for my sewing room.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Freda......the quilt looks good !
    And they say ....better late than never.
    I hope it's not too cold.......we have a storm brewing at the moment.....love the wet season in the Northern Territory.
    I do still read your blog.....but I'm so slack .....!!!

    ReplyDelete